Toby and I had the chance to fly home for a week to see our family. Home for us is Boise, Idaho, the best... place on earth! We had so much fun! We got to have a campout in my parents backyard, we called it our "Olympic Staycation." We did it just like the olympics, we had an opening ceramony and than we lit the torch, aka campfire. The opening ceramony consisted of us eating an awesome dinner, which I cooked! :), skits performed by each family, my nephew Kyle playing some sweet tunes with his band, us doing some crazy fun cheers that my mom came up with, as well as us singing some campfire songs and of course the lighting of the torch, aka campfire. The next morning we had delicious homemade cinnamon rolls, which I made as well. I was very proud of these cinnamon rolls because the last time I made them they were awful! We also competed in some events, first was "who could take down their tent first." My sister Suzanne won, Toby and I came in dead last. When you see our tent you'll know why, it's huge! After that the kids played in the sand box, looking for candy. Then we made fun crafts. The kids decorated letters of their first name, and the adults made a magnet picture board. We all had so much fun! I love how creative my Mom is, she put all of this together for us. I love you Mom your the best! Here are some pictures;


Toby and his Mom
The whole family watching the band and playing during intermission.
Kyle and his band (Kyle is in the red shirt). Notice the banner hanging on the house. Go USA!
Tina, Kyle and Alex's skit
Us singing the fun campfire songs
The Family and Toby and I in front of our tents
We also got to visit Toby's Dad's grave
Tracie, Me and Stacey
Me and my little bald neice, Hailey. My sister had to shave her head because she kept pulling her hair out.
My nephew Cody playing in the water fountain, he couldn't seem to get enough of it.
That is right, I am painting my nephews toes, a hot pink I might add. He wanted me to, there was no forcing him into this. He likes his pedicures, but he also likes mud!
Here is the finished product from our pedicure night. Tina, Angie, me, Suzanne, Carissa, and Cody
This was on our way up to the hot springs. I had to try to entertain the kids.
Here we are roasting our lunch, Hot dogs! They were yummy!
This is all of us soaking in the hot springs
We are all loading up in the burben for a nice drive home.
I just had to add this photo because I thought it was so darn cute! This is my neice and nephew, they like to give kisses.













2 comments:
I totally missed you guys too. Living in Colorado totally sucks. At least I got to see you though! I'm so happy you finally got to meet Chris. Sounds like you had lots of fun on your vacation! Stacey's hair is getting so long... We really need to do a holiday party with all of us girls and our husbands while we're all in Boise in December.
Hey I am so sad we missed you guys while you were here in Boise. We were acutally out of town a few days I think when you were here. Sounds like you had a blast and I bet it was so nice to see all your families! Maybe we can get together next time you are here.
Post a Comment