Thursday, September 4, 2008

What I have been up to:

I finally read my first book!! I know I am 25 years old and have never read a novel! You might say that I am pretty pathetic, well I would have to agree with you! (This is not counting books I have read for school or scriptures from church).
It all started when I went over to Jen's house and saw her huge supply of various books. We got talking about all her books, and I happen to mention how I hate to read. I never find books I can become interested in. Jen then tells me, "if you don't like a book then put it down, you just move on to the next until you find something you like". Jen then suggested reading Can You Keep a Secret


She said this was a great book to start out on. So I decided to take her suggestion, I figured I had nothing to loose. I began reading the book and was instantly hooked! I loved it and couldn't put it down. Toby could not believe that I was so into the book, he often wondered what had happened to his wife. This was the turning point in my life! I am now a READER! Who knew? My next adventure is the Twighlight series. I heard they are the best books! I guess we will see.

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Good for you!! I've never read that one... I'll have to try it out Ü

Ashlie said...

Freakin' finally! 'Bout time you read a book, woman! ;) Seriously though, Twilight is awesome. Let me know when you finish the first one... Love you!

Jenn said...

I'm so happy! You are awesome! I knew you could do it. Come over and grab a book anytime!!!

Emily Lund said...

I didn't know Jenn had a treasure trove of books. I'll have to beg or borrow. I just finished Twilight. I felt like I was back in high school. It was a guilty pleasure and super easy to read. Read it before the movie comes out in Nov.